Noosa Crest is getting into the Jazz Vibe. The annual Noosa Jazz Festival is only around the corner and the staff at Noosa Crest are getting into the swing of things by booking a table on Hastings street for the long lunch. With the likes of celebrity chefs Matt Golinski & Matt McKenzie its hard not to be apart of the festival.
To get to Tempo Restaurant from Noosa Crest, just an easy walking down the private boardwalk to Hastings street jetty, catch the Noosa Ferry which runs regularly and drops off at the quamby place jetty which is only a few feet away from Tempo. Continue reading
Our delayed Summer has finally arrived and its in Winter!!! I have to share the beautiful view with you on my walk this morning through our special Noosa National Park which is on a headland overlooking the pristine Laguna Bay. Our National Park walks have become a friday ritual with a girlfriend of mine and today was the most spectacular. Continue reading
Noosa Crest is getting into the festivities by offering some great accommodaiton deals over the Festival including 30% off accommodation. The weather has been sensational and a great excuse to take kids away for the school holidays where they can experience some of the Noosa Longweekend Events.
Hot off the press!!! Australia Zoo have informed us at Noosa Crest that they are offering Adult tickets at Childrens Prices until the 24th June. They have fantastic programs in place for the long weekend including getting into bed with a snake, winning a royal holiday or having a secret bid to get up an personal with the Erwin family.
Hot off the press – I just picked up new photos of the latest renovated premium Apartment and have to share. The day was glorious, perfect for sitting out on the balcony and watching the world go by. Maybe I’m bias (not really) but Noosa Crest has the best view in the whole of Noosa. The difference from us and other Resorts is they only face North as we pan from East (Noosa Nationa Park) to North (Hastings street, Laguna Bay) and then west where you can watch the beautiful sunsets on the Noosa River. And another difference is we have no buildings in front, we are the last resort on the hill heading towards Hastings street with a private boardwalk to the town centre.
The owners changed the whole look of the apartment including the three bedrooms and decor going more for a contempory look. We had some gorgeous models come in and enjoy the use of the apartment while the photographer snapped away.
Enjoy the photos, I have some more coming…..
A lot of the guests were staying at the resort so no driving was required which was a bonus. After the ceremony everyone walked down the private boardwalk onto the Catalina for the sunset river cruise while we had our photos taken in the Noosa Lions Park, along Hastings street, Main beach and then to Noosa Woods where a friends boat picked us up for our private sunset cruise along the Noosa River. Continue reading
Well the great news is swimming, surfing, diving and snorkeling are wet activities and a little extra water isn’t going to make a difference especially when it’s so warm.
Now what about other activities? Well just for starters take a look at this list:
- Jump on the Noosa Ferry – With departures all day, every day from seven different points along the route you can join us at a place and time to suit your itinerary. Our great value ‘All Day Pass’ lets you enjoy at your leisure all that Noosa has to offer. Go to the beach, shop, walk, take the kids for a swim, stop for lunch, spot a sea eagle, see Queensland’s most expensive island homes or just sit back and enjoy the ride- then BYO and take in the sunset ferry to dinner. You can do it all on our beautiful riverboats. There is no need to book. Tickets are available on board, at agents or just ask about us at reception. For more information or a free brochure sent direct just contact us.
- Indulge in a Ikatan Balinese Spa – Nominated four times for Best Destination Spa in Australia, Ikatan is the ultimate day spa experience combining authentic treatments with an environment that celebrates nature.Treatment villas are surrounded by tropical gardens and life is at a slower pace where your therapist has plentiful time to prepare and care for you. Offering traditional Balinese body treatments and award winning spa brand Elemis anti-aging facials and body treatments.
- Pander to your sweet tooth at the Aussie Nougat Factory – The Australian Nougat Company, at Eumundi started producing confectionery in 1985. Our Macadamia Nougat is a uniquely Australian product. It has been described as a sophisticated ‘Melt in your Mouth’ French style Nougat. It is hand made at our pollution free Sunshine Coast premises with all natural ingredients. Our products are also Wheat and Gluten free. Macadamia Nuts fresh from local plantations, natural bush honey, Queensland sugar & eggs make it a real indigenous delicacy. Our Company evolved from a Macadamia plantation, so all flavours have Macadamia nuts as a base ingredient.
- Play Organic Golf – Kabi Golf Club was created to provide a place for recreation while preserving the environment. The organic aspect of the course makes it completely different from most other golf courses in the world. Kabi Golf Club is a fantastic place for large or small groups to enjoy a round. We offer 27 holes and cater for golfers of all standards. Now open for nineyears, the course has matured well and is constantly improving.
- Take a ride with Storeyline Tours – Explore the Sunshine Coast with our mini-coach tours. Go whale watching, see the crocodiles being fed at Australia Zoo, cuddle a koala or just pat a friendly kangaroo. Sample some great taste treats at the Nutworks and Ginger factory. Our modern air conditioned coaches visit all the best places on the Sunshine Coast including Noosa, Mooloolaba, Montville, Eumundi Markets and the Hinterland.
- Noosa 5 Cinemas – The Noosa 5 Cinema is the cinema in Noosa, literally. Located at 29 Sunshine Beach Road, Noosa Junction. Tel: (07) 5447 5130 Session Info: (07) 5447 5130
- Oooh and Aaah over the The Jewellery and Art Gallery – The Jewellery & Art Gallery @ Carrington’s invite you to view some of the world’s finest jewellery designs and modern art this side of the southern hemisphere. We are fast becoming an art centre that’s a platform for various forms of art: Art Paintings, Sculptural Art, Performing Art, Wearable Art and Healing Art. Our online gallery gives you the opportunity to buy art that showcase a selection of paintings, sculptures and designer jewellery. Our jewellery online provides you with exclusive access to our silver jewellery, new release costume jewellery and fashion jewellery and our ethnic jewellery range. Although we are primarily silver maniacs, the selection of diamond and gold jewellery exhibits the quality of handmade jewellery workmanship.
- Cook up a storm at The Spirit House Cooking Classes – With classes everyday featuring exciting and contemporary recipes, the Spirit House cooking school has become a mecca for food lovers. Wine and dine on your creations in our tropical dining pavillion. We provide all aprons, knives, utensils etc. for you to use during the duration of the class. you will wine and dine on the recipes prepared during the class – plus enjoy it all with complementary wine and beer.
- Shop ’til you drop in world famous Hastings Street Shopping – Hastings Street shopping is an exciting and consuming past-time for lovers of fashion, jewellery, home wares, art, and beauty products. Any visit to Noosa isn’t complete without a gentle stroll along the bustling Hastings St strip, as it is the hub of the town and a popular meeting place for all visitors. Aside from the unique boutiques and popular outlets dotted along the lovely tree-lined street, there are also countless bars, restaurants, delis and hotels to divide your time between.
- Hit a strike at the Noosa 10 Pin Bowling Alley in Noosaville is air-conditioned and non-smoking. They have 18 lanes including 10 of the latest automatic bumper systems designed especially for kids. The fully licensed Alley Cats Cafe and Bar serves a full range of foods from hot chips, to burgers, hotdogs, fish n chips, and fresh pizzas.
- Let the kids play at Pandas Playland is Noosa’s only Indoor Playcentre and Café. Children 10 years and under can come and have hours of fun, fun, fun whilst mums, dads, and grandparents sit back, relax and enjoy a lovely coffee, tasty lunch or scrumptious cake. Remember at all times your little ones are in a safe and secure child friendly environment!
- Roll back the clock at The Majestic Theatre at Pomona is a 25 minute drive from Noosa. Enjoy silent films with pipe organ accompaniment at the historic Majestic Theatre. Laugh, cry, shout, stamp and sing along with the comedy, drama and romance as you are transported back to the Golden Age of silent cinema. Information and bookings (07) 5485 2330
- Check out turtles, sharks and seals at Underwater World on the Sunshine Coast- Mooloolaba (about 40minutes away from Noosa Heads) UnderWater World is a multi-award winning tourist attraction located beachside on the beautiful Sunshine Coast. We provide you with the unique opportunity to explore 8 unique zones including Touch and Tell, Weird and Wonderful, Seal Island, Otter Empire, Fresh and Freaky, Billabongs and Backyards, Sharks Alive and Crawly Creatures!
- Hire a movie – we have a selection at Reception. Also the local Video Ezy shop happily hires DVD’s and games to holidaymakers
- Coffee and Cake, go on treat yourself at one of Noosa’s many cafes..
- Gone Fishing – yes they still bite in the rain lol try Fishing Noosa they list all the fishing charters in Noosa.
Romance can mean different things to different people, and no matter what your idea of romantic holiday is, Noosa has what you’re looking for. Continue reading
I just met up with Yanni the photographer and went through the final details of my wedding. I have been using Yanni for family photos over the years and can honestly say she captures the moment. I’m not one to fuss over particular shots, just to capture the event or story and she does it perfectly.
We walked down the resorts private boardwalk to find the best place for family shots, its such a beautiful walk that anywhere along the boardwalk will be perfect. The boardwalk ends at the Lions Park on the Noosa River so there are countless places to take photos in the park. The rest of the wedding guests will continue to the Catalina Boat and enjoy a sunset cruise on the beautiful Noosa River while the Wedding party will have photos in the Noosa Woods at the end of Hastings street and of course main beach.
We have a friend who has a beautiful boat to take us down to Trio’s restaurant where the reception will be held and the guests will see us come into Noosa Marina – the restaurant is on the River.
So thanks for reading my blogs and when I come back to work I’ll show you a few gorgeous shots of the day.
My final decision with the shoes was to go the traditional style for the ceremony and the fuschia pink as back up for the reception. Although I wanted a splash of colour the ivory shoes fit the dress the best, thanks for all your comments!
I didn’t realise how busy I would be the week before the wedding and didn’t antisipate everyone arriving early and wanting to catch up, very silly of me.
As I type away, my aunty is staying in one of the apartments at Noosa Crest baking my wedding cake, I think I can smell them from the office. She is baking chocolate cup cakes so I’ll have to pop in to see if there are any rejects that I can eat……they are delicious. We have a fruit cake for the top tier, she is famous for her fruit cakes and made an extra one just in case which we are having on the Sunday, can’t wait. I have attached a photo of the cake tier which my Uncle Trevor made….events like these bring families together and make you appreciate what you have.
I think I have one more post and then you will have to wait until I get back.